Arex Rex Alpha Pistol
Written by Guest Article / Contributor , in Section Gun Reviews
Last week at SHOT Show, Arex unveiled the latest addition to its Rex handgun lineup, the Rex Alpha.
The Arex Rex Alpha was designed as an out-of-the-box competition gun. Chambered in 9mm, it features a five-inch barrel and a full steel frame in place of an aluminum one. It includes oversized ambidextrous manual safety levers; flared mag well; aggressive grip checkering on the front; extended mag release; fiber optic front sight and a black rear sight adjustable for windage and elevation.
According to the press release, this model also has a re-engineered grip resulting in a shorter trigger reach and higher hand position. Meanwhile, the undercut trigger guard and extended beavertail add to the “ergonomic transformation.” In addition, the slide incorporates lightning cuts for faster cycling, and the trigger mechanism is fine-tuned for a smooth DA pull and a short trigger reset.
The Arex Rex Alpha has a magazine capacity of 20 rounds and is available at a MSRP of $1,099. See below for features and specs. For more information about the gun, visit https://fimegroup.com/.
Rex Alpha Features
- Can be operated either “cocked & locked”. External safety operates in either configuration.
- Ambi- safety and magazine release.
- Extended mag release button – switched to either side. Streamlined controls, decocker eliminated
- Redesigned grip wraps around the rear and aggressive checkering on the front
- Extended beavertail
- Full steel frame and slide
- Lightening cuts on the slide ensure faster cycling Oversized frame mounted safety – teardrop shape
- Nitrocarburized steel slide made from solid bar stock.
- 1 piece cold hammer forged barrel made from solid bar stock and Nitrocarburized.
- Forward cocking serrations and full length slide rails.
- Picatinny accessory rail and Redesigned trigger guard.
- Uses same mags as the Rex Zero 1
- Red fiber optic front sight and fully adjustable black rear
- sight (windage/elevation).
- Skeletonized hammer
- Reduced DA/SA trigger pull (8.8 lbs. /3.3 lbs.)
- Flared magazine well for faster reloads
- Competition ready out of the box
- Full slide manipulation even when on safe
Rex Alpha Specs
- Caliber – 9mm Luger 9×19 (+P Approved)
- Action – Semi-Auto
- Manufacturer – Arex d.o.o.
- Country of Origin – Slovenia
- Importer – FIME Group LLC
- Trigger System – Single and Double Action, Hammer Fired
- Safety – Ambi External Manual Safety, Operates in DA/SA or SAO Mode
- Barrel Length – 5.0 in / 127 mm
- Overall Length – 8.9 / 226 mm
- Sight Radius – 6.8 in / 173mm
- Height – 6.1 in / 155mm
- Weight w/o Magazine – 39 oz. / 1108 g
- Capacity – 20 + 1
- Frame – Steel
- Grooves – 6 grooves, RH Twist
- Twist Rate – 9.8 in / 250 mm
- Trigger Pull SA – 3.3 lbs (+- 0.2 lbs.)
- Trigger Pull DA – 8.8 lbs (+- 0.4 lbs.)
- Trigger Travel DA – 0.4 in
- Reset Travel SA – 0.07 in
- Warranty – Lifetime to Original Purchaser
- MSRP – $1,099
This article first appeared on Personal Defense World