American Gunsmithing Institute Brings Training Courses In Bonsall, CA Into Your Home
During its twenty year tenure, AGI realized that something was missing. While there were various gunsmiths and gun enthusiasts in Bonsall, CA and throughout the U.S., they were missing an outlet to come together, share ideas, stories and most importantly, have some fun together! So AGI created The Gun Club of America (GCA). It stands upon four pillars: education, fun, savings and fellowship.
AGI Teaches Basic and Advanced Firearms Maintenance, Customizing, and Gunsmithing Repair for hobbyist and Professional. Study at home and get Certified as a Gunsmith.
AGI American Gunsmithing Institute In Bonsall, CA Has Over Two Decades Of Experience
Two decades ago, American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) Founder and President Gene Kelly saw an increased demand for gunsmiths in the firearms industry in Bonsall, CA and realized that there was a growing need to train new gunsmiths on a faster and more efficient basis.
Kelly made it a goal to preserve the art of gunsmithing for future generations and to provide a way for gun enthusiasts in Bonsall, CA to pursue their hobbies from the comfort of their own homes through AGI’s course load.
With over 330 million firearms in this country, at any given time 10 to 20 percent of those are in some need of cleaning, repair or customizing. After WWII, a large crop of new gunsmiths appeared, but now they are retiring or passing away and demand for new, young blood in the gunsmith world in Bonsall, CA is growing.
Gunsmithing Programs Offered Across the Country
Prior to AGI’s founding, gunsmithing programs were only offered in Bonsall, CA at a couple of campus based schools and most people could not afford to attend them so the number of gunsmiths continued to decline.
This gave Kelly the idea to found AGI. Using Master Gunsmith Bob Dunlap’s teaching methodology, combined with the video techniques developed by AGI, Kelly was able to create a unique teaching method that allowed students to learn at home in Bonsall, CA at their own pace. And thus, AGI was born. Since its inception in 1993, AGI has gone on to use this same method to teach people welding, machining, locksmithing and other trade skills.
There are two more sections to this article, to see the next section click on the "Shoot for More" link below
Like what you read and do you have a Google + page, please support us with a review by Clicking Here
#Gunsmiths #AmericanGunsmithing #AmericanGunsmithingInstitute #Gunsmithing #NRAGunsmithingSchools #HowToBeAGunsmith
#AccreditedGunsmithingCollege #TopGunsmithingTrainingSchools #GunsmithingClassesOnline #GunsmithingSchools #GunsmithingBooks
#GunsmithingVideos #GunsmithingSchoolCost #GunsmithingSalary #GunsmithingNearMe #GunsmithingDefinition #GunsmithingSchoolsDirectory
#USPrecisionDefense #NRA #Guns #GunRepair
Bonsall, CA, Beautiful Bonsall, CA is located in the rolling hills of northern San Diego County. Home to the famous San Luis Rey Downs Training Center for thoroughbred racehorses and other equestrian facilities. Agriculture, horticulture and vineyards thrive in this Mediterranean-like climate. The people of Bonsall enjoy living the country life while having quick access to everything the cities around it provide. Come visit Bonsall to see its beauty and enjoy the peacefulness! Be sure to stop by our Bonsall Chamber of Commerce office for a wealth of information on the area!
Records show that Bonsall was originally known as "Mt. Fairview" and later as "Osgood," after the chief engineer who was in charge of the Southern California Railroad Survey Crew in the 1870s. A petition for a post office in 1889 recommended the names of "Reed," "Favorite," or Bonsall." Post office headquarters in Washington, DC chose the latter, the name of a retired Methodist minister, James Bonsall, who developed a fruit tree nursery in the area in 1889.
Apparently, Mr. Bonsall was taking a load of lumber south through Gopher Canyon when his wagon broke down. He found the area so appealing, he purchased some acreage from a settler, built a home and developed his nursery all with a cash capital of $3.00. His enterprise was very successful and his house still stands today.
In the late 1800s, the hamlet of Bonsall offered the services of a post office, blacksmith shop complete with tethering rock to tether the horses while shopping, a general store, hotel and local school. The fertile valley became the center of a small dairy industry.
The post office was the community center; the postman carried more than just mail. He toted cream from the Creamery in Bonsall to the train at Oceanside for shipment to San Diego.
The post office was a tiny five-by-five foot space inside the general store in the south (east) bank of the San Luis Rey River where the Bonsall Community Church now stands. In the early 1900s the store was known as George D. Stevens & Co., "dealers in dry goods and groceries, hats, caps, shoes, hardware and notions, ladies and children's furnishings." In 1918, when Bonsall's population was only 100, John Patten, who worked in Mr. Stevens' store, inherited the store upon the death of Mr. Stevens. Patten and his wife, Evelyn, ran the store until his death in 1937. Soon after, Evelyn bought a store across the river on the site of former Perry's Market, and ran it until she sold it to the Wilson Perrys' in 1945.
The old hotel stood opposite the original schoolhouse. It was run by two sisters who provided accommodations for travelers and for teachers on the occasions when roads were impassable due to heavy rains.stepping back in time to an era when children learned the three "R's" in basic education with no time for frills. In our research we uncovered a fount of Bonsall lore which should interest old and new residents alike.
Former postmaster and Bonsall resident, Joseph Koehler, came to North County from Chicago, Illinois when he was nine years old and attended school in our little old schoolhouse. He recalled when, in 1916 the flood waters of the San Luis Rey River washed out the concrete bridge that crossed the stream where West Lilac Road crosses it now, and a one-lane wooden bridge with a turnout in the center was constructed in its place, which was used until 1927. The San Luis Rey River Bridge AKA the Bonsall Bridge, was built downstream in 1924-25 and was used until it became too small to handle modern traffic.
The community surrounding the schoolhouse was one of large ranches and small farms. The valley floor had several dairies of good size, registered Herford cattle, wine grapes, truck farms, chicken, turkey and olive ranches, pig farms, an ostrich farm and several rabbitries. Some people raised thoroughbred horses. Bees were plentiful. All water was pumped from wells along the river.
Now days, as one travels from our present post office via Old River Road, it is so easy to drive past the school buildings without giving thought of their contribution to the quality of our life here. There is an excellent modern school of high academic standing (along with the new Norman L. Sullivan Middle School at 7350 West Lilac), a fleet of busses to transport the eager pupils to class, and there, sitting midst a group of eucalyptus trees is the "little old schoolhouse." What a wealth of living has passed through her doors (and still does).
The court decision upholds the constitutionality of the Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989. As a result, the Department of Justice (DOJ) is obligated to enforce the statute with respect to identification of AK and AR-15 series weapons. These assault weapons are listed by the Department of Justice in the California Code of Regulations, Title 11, Chapter 12.9, Section 979.11 (11 CCR 979.11)
Bonsall, CA The area known as Bonsall was originally called Mount Fairview, and had a post office by that name from December 28, 1871 to December 28, 1880. It received a post office in 1881 under the name Osgood after California Southern Railroad chief engineer Joseph O. Osgood; the renaming was supposedly an unsuccessful attempt to convince Osgood to build the railroad through the San Luis Rey River valley (the rail line eventually followed the Santa Margarita River instead). Following a contest, the town was renamed Bonsall in 1890 after local minister James A. Bonsall.
"Having a felony reduced to a misdemeanor, obtaining a certificate of rehabilitation, or obtaining a governor's pardon offer some relief if you seek to restore your California gun rights. But even these tools have restrictions, which is why it's important to consult with a criminal defense lawyer who specializes in California gun laws before trying to acquire firearms following a criminal conviction."