American Gunsmithing Institute Brings Training Courses In Dixon, CA Into Your Home
During its twenty year tenure, AGI realized that something was missing. While there were various gunsmiths and gun enthusiasts in Dixon, CA and throughout the U.S., they were missing an outlet to come together, share ideas, stories and most importantly, have some fun together! So AGI created The Gun Club of America (GCA). It stands upon four pillars: education, fun, savings and fellowship.
AGI Teaches Basic and Advanced Firearms Maintenance, Customizing, and Gunsmithing Repair for hobbyist and Professional. Study at home and get Certified as a Gunsmith.
AGI American Gunsmithing Institute In Dixon, CA Has Over Two Decades Of Experience
Two decades ago, American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) Founder and President Gene Kelly saw an increased demand for gunsmiths in the firearms industry in Dixon, CA and realized that there was a growing need to train new gunsmiths on a faster and more efficient basis.
Kelly made it a goal to preserve the art of gunsmithing for future generations and to provide a way for gun enthusiasts in Dixon, CA to pursue their hobbies from the comfort of their own homes through AGI’s course load.
With over 330 million firearms in this country, at any given time 10 to 20 percent of those are in some need of cleaning, repair or customizing. After WWII, a large crop of new gunsmiths appeared, but now they are retiring or passing away and demand for new, young blood in the gunsmith world in Dixon, CA is growing.
Gunsmithing Programs Offered Across the Country
Prior to AGI’s founding, gunsmithing programs were only offered in Dixon, CA at a couple of campus based schools and most people could not afford to attend them so the number of gunsmiths continued to decline.
This gave Kelly the idea to found AGI. Using Master Gunsmith Bob Dunlap’s teaching methodology, combined with the video techniques developed by AGI, Kelly was able to create a unique teaching method that allowed students to learn at home in Dixon, CA at their own pace. And thus, AGI was born. Since its inception in 1993, AGI has gone on to use this same method to teach people welding, machining, locksmithing and other trade skills.
There are two more sections to this article, to see the next section click on the "Shoot for More" link below
Like what you read and do you have a Google + page, please support us with a review by Clicking Here
#Gunsmiths #AmericanGunsmithing #AmericanGunsmithingInstitute #Gunsmithing #NRAGunsmithingSchools #HowToBeAGunsmith
#AccreditedGunsmithingCollege #TopGunsmithingTrainingSchools #GunsmithingClassesOnline #GunsmithingSchools #GunsmithingBooks
#GunsmithingVideos #GunsmithingSchoolCost #GunsmithingSalary #GunsmithingNearMe #GunsmithingDefinition #GunsmithingSchoolsDirectory
#USPrecisionDefense #NRA #Guns #GunRepair
Dixon, CA The first settlement in the Dixon area was founded in 1852 by Elijah S. Silvey, whose search for gold landed him in these parts during the California gold rush. Silvey realized an easier way to make his fortune than digging and panning was to open an inn and saloon.
This half-way house was located along a well-traveled stage coach route to the gold fields of Sacramento, which became famous among area miners. By 1865, the community of Silveyville boasted a general store, post office, blacksmith, and had a population of 150 people.
The Vaca Valley Railroad was about to inaugurate its new line in Solano County in 1870. However, the residents of Silveyville were not happy when they found out that the tracks would not cross into their town. The tracks did cross the land of Thomas Dickson. In order to grow, the residents of Silveyville would have to move closer to the tracks. With Dickson in charge of the relocation, pioneers started what is now known as the Downtown Dixon area.
In 1883, Thomas G. Bennett, Vice-President and General Manager of the Winchester Repeating Arms Company, traveled to Ogden and negotiated wiht John Browning for the purchase of the single-shot design, as well as the prototype of what would become the Model 1886 lever-action the beginning of the fruitful 20-year Winchester-Browning collaboration.
Dixon, CA The first semi-permanent European settlement to develop in the Dixon area emerged during the California Gold Rush of the mid-19th century. During this time, the community of Silveyville was founded as a halfway point between the Pacific coast and the rich gold fields of Sacramento—along a route commonly traveled by miners. In 1868, Central Pacific railroad came through the area and missed Silveyville by a few miles.
As a result, local leaders decided to physically relocate Silveyville closer to the tracks in order to enjoy the benefits of commerce and travel. One of the first buildings that still stands in Dixon from the 1871 move is the Dixon Methodist Church located at 209 N. Jefferson Street.
Originally, the city was named "Dicksonville" after Thomas Dickson who donated 10 acres of his land for the construction of a railroad depot following the completion of the tracks and subsequent relocation of Silveyville to the now-Dixon area. However, when the first rail shipment of merchandise arrived from San Francisco in 1872, it was mistakenly addressed to "Dixon"—a name that has been used since, mainly out of simplicity. Up to now, the urban landscape of the town can be seen to have developed mostly in between the railroad tracks and Interstate-80.
California, Massachusetts and New York have the most comprehensive schemes of design and safety standards for handguns.