American Gunsmithing Institute Brings Training Courses In Glencoe, CA Into Your Home
During its twenty year tenure, AGI realized that something was missing. While there were various gunsmiths and gun enthusiasts in Glencoe, CA and throughout the U.S., they were missing an outlet to come together, share ideas, stories and most importantly, have some fun together! So AGI created The Gun Club of America (GCA). It stands upon four pillars: education, fun, savings and fellowship.
AGI Teaches Basic and Advanced Firearms Maintenance, Customizing, and Gunsmithing Repair for hobbyist and Professional. Study at home and get Certified as a Gunsmith.
AGI American Gunsmithing Institute In Glencoe, CA Has Over Two Decades Of Experience
Two decades ago, American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) Founder and President Gene Kelly saw an increased demand for gunsmiths in the firearms industry in Glencoe, CA and realized that there was a growing need to train new gunsmiths on a faster and more efficient basis.
Kelly made it a goal to preserve the art of gunsmithing for future generations and to provide a way for gun enthusiasts in Glencoe, CA to pursue their hobbies from the comfort of their own homes through AGI’s course load.
With over 330 million firearms in this country, at any given time 10 to 20 percent of those are in some need of cleaning, repair or customizing. After WWII, a large crop of new gunsmiths appeared, but now they are retiring or passing away and demand for new, young blood in the gunsmith world in Glencoe, CA is growing.
Gunsmithing Programs Offered Across the Country
Prior to AGI’s founding, gunsmithing programs were only offered in Glencoe, CA at a couple of campus based schools and most people could not afford to attend them so the number of gunsmiths continued to decline.
This gave Kelly the idea to found AGI. Using Master Gunsmith Bob Dunlap’s teaching methodology, combined with the video techniques developed by AGI, Kelly was able to create a unique teaching method that allowed students to learn at home in Glencoe, CA at their own pace. And thus, AGI was born. Since its inception in 1993, AGI has gone on to use this same method to teach people welding, machining, locksmithing and other trade skills.
There are two more sections to this article, to see the next section click on the "Shoot for More" link below
Like what you read and do you have a Google + page, please support us with a review by Clicking Here
#Gunsmiths #AmericanGunsmithing #AmericanGunsmithingInstitute #Gunsmithing #NRAGunsmithingSchools #HowToBeAGunsmith
#AccreditedGunsmithingCollege #TopGunsmithingTrainingSchools #GunsmithingClassesOnline #GunsmithingSchools #GunsmithingBooks
#GunsmithingVideos #GunsmithingSchoolCost #GunsmithingSalary #GunsmithingNearMe #GunsmithingDefinition #GunsmithingSchoolsDirectory
#USPrecisionDefense #NRA #Guns #GunRepair
Glencoe, CA, Located 10 miles northeast of Mokelumne Hill along present Highway 26, the vicinity of Glencoe was known as Mosquito Gulch in the early years. The post office identified the location as Mosquito Gulch from 1873-1878, when it received the name of the historic town in Scotland. Both names were subsequently used to decribe the community.
Valentine Granados, John Doble’s muleskinner, had a productive mine in the area which he sold to Mumford Eldred in 1858. In 1873 the Good Hope Mine, formerly worked by Mexicans with arrastres, had an 18-stamp mill and was doing custom work for Glencoe district mines. Other mines in the Glencoe group included the Sierra King, Sierra Queen, Oriental, Monte Cristo, Blue Jay, Mexican, San Bruno, Aetna, Banner, San Pedro, Spring Day, Blue Bell, Bismarck, Norwich, Alabama , Rindge No. 3, Fidelity, Stone Wall, and Garibaldi (personal communication, Lloyd Donald Ames 2010). In 1899 Glencoe was still the trading center and post office for quartz and drift mines in the area.
By the late 1800s, ranchers and farmers had settled into the landscape, providing stability and family life to the community. WWII added lumbering to the vocations of many area families while today most residents comute to jobs in nearby towns.
Bore Diameter: The bore diameter is the tightest tolerance spanning the distance between opposite sides of the bore. In a rifled barrel, this dimension is measured from the highest point on each side to the other.
Glencoe, CA, Glencoe, a small town of around 100 voters with a school, a post office, and store is situated about nine miles east of Mokelumne Hill.
In the early days it was known as Mosquito Gulch. The early settlers mined the gulch and on account of the marsh-land and so many water holes the mosquitoes flourished and there seemed to be more mosquitoes here than anywhere around. There were steep hills all around running down to the gulch. The first locations were taken up and the houses built right along the creek.
George W. Berry operated a store on the south side of Mosquito Gulch in 1879.
Jerome Burt and son, Bill, operated a store on the north side of the Mosquito Gulch about the same time and on, until after the turn of the century. Burt’s General Store was a two-story wood structure with a post office and store room on the ground floor and a dance hall upstairs. The stairs leading up to the dance hall were on the outside of the building.
At one time the Mosquito Gulch School in the 7th District took in all the land to the east, including Rail Road Flat and Independence. This District No. 7 was divided on November 7, 1866, under Dr. F. D. Borston, and the eastern half was called Eureka School District, which later became Rail Road Flat School District.
The gravel was very rich along Mosquito Gulch and many thousands of dollars were taken out with the crude hand mining of that day.
After the placer mining, came the hard rock mines– Norwich, Valentine, Banner, San Pedro, Mexican, Poor Man, Wolverine, Mondani, Fannie Marie, Stonewall Jackson were developed.
Frank Matson worked a mine with an arrastra in Wet Gulch at the junction of Pennsylvania Gulch, about three miles from Glencoe on the Independence Road. An old Mexican by the name of Breeto had a mill and mined near the Alfred Porteous home of today. Mr. Gillespi was an early day superintendent of the Valentine Mine.
On Three-Cent Flat, about two miles from the main town, there were coal pits where coal was made by burning oak wood under the ground for several weeks. The coal was used by blacksmiths for sharpening mining tools.
Accurize, accurizing: The process of altering a stock firearm to improve its accuracy.