American Gunsmithing Institute Brings Training Courses In Linden, CA Into Your Home
During its twenty year tenure, AGI realized that something was missing. While there were various gunsmiths and gun enthusiasts in Linden, CA and throughout the U.S., they were missing an outlet to come together, share ideas, stories and most importantly, have some fun together! So AGI created The Gun Club of America (GCA). It stands upon four pillars: education, fun, savings and fellowship.
AGI Teaches Basic and Advanced Firearms Maintenance, Customizing, and Gunsmithing Repair for hobbyist and Professional. Study at home and get Certified as a Gunsmith.
AGI American Gunsmithing Institute In Linden, CA Has Over Two Decades Of Experience
Two decades ago, American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) Founder and President Gene Kelly saw an increased demand for gunsmiths in the firearms industry in Linden, CA and realized that there was a growing need to train new gunsmiths on a faster and more efficient basis.
Kelly made it a goal to preserve the art of gunsmithing for future generations and to provide a way for gun enthusiasts in Linden, CA to pursue their hobbies from the comfort of their own homes through AGI’s course load.
With over 330 million firearms in this country, at any given time 10 to 20 percent of those are in some need of cleaning, repair or customizing. After WWII, a large crop of new gunsmiths appeared, but now they are retiring or passing away and demand for new, young blood in the gunsmith world in Linden, CA is growing.
Gunsmithing Programs Offered Across the Country
Prior to AGI’s founding, gunsmithing programs were only offered in Linden, CA at a couple of campus based schools and most people could not afford to attend them so the number of gunsmiths continued to decline.
This gave Kelly the idea to found AGI. Using Master Gunsmith Bob Dunlap’s teaching methodology, combined with the video techniques developed by AGI, Kelly was able to create a unique teaching method that allowed students to learn at home in Linden, CA at their own pace. And thus, AGI was born. Since its inception in 1993, AGI has gone on to use this same method to teach people welding, machining, locksmithing and other trade skills.
There are two more sections to this article, to see the next section click on the "Shoot for More" link below
Like what you read and do you have a Google + page, please support us with a review by Clicking Here
#Gunsmiths #AmericanGunsmithing #AmericanGunsmithingInstitute #Gunsmithing #NRAGunsmithingSchools #HowToBeAGunsmith
#AccreditedGunsmithingCollege #TopGunsmithingTrainingSchools #GunsmithingClassesOnline #GunsmithingSchools #GunsmithingBooks
#GunsmithingVideos #GunsmithingSchoolCost #GunsmithingSalary #GunsmithingNearMe #GunsmithingDefinition #GunsmithingSchoolsDirectory
#USPrecisionDefense #NRA #Guns #GunRepair
Linden, CA , This little village, located in one of the prettiest sections of the county, amidst a forest of giant oaks, was first located in 1849 by a teamster named William T. Treblecock. He was hauling freight to the mountain camps and one day during the winter, while driving on the Mokelumne Hill road, he mired in the mud near the present town of Linden. Going on a prospecting search for high land he found it at the locality named. The elevation being high, he believed it a good location for a stage and teamsters' station, and that fall he built there a public house, known as the Fifteen Mile House, at that time being about that distance from Stockton. In time Treblecock sold the hotel to C. C. Rynerson, who had married Mary Wasley, a cousin of Mr. Treblecock.
Again the tavern was sold, together with considerable farming land, 1,500 acres to Samuel Forman. Forman took in as a partner to manage the hotel Alexander C. Bertzhoff, who years after became one of the proprietors of the Stockton Independent. A general merchandising store was established there in 1856 by Thomas McCarter. He sold out in '57 to John Wasley and Rynerson, he and his brother, James Wasley, having bought land on that vicinity in 1852. In 1860 the store was sold to Edward Case and J. S. Smith, who sold to Prater & Aull. In 1861 the town boasted of Masonic, Odd Fellows and Temperance lodges, a hotel, three stores, postoffice, blacksmith and wagon shop, schoolhouse, church and flour mill. In August, 1861, the town was surveyed by the county surveyor, George E. Drew, the block laid off together with six streets, the Mokelumne Hill road being the main street. The town was named Linden, a name suggested by John Wasley.
The first school in the district was on the Charles Hayden ranch and known as the Moore schoolhouse. In 1858 the Jefferson school district was formed and a school established in Linden. This building was destroyed by fire in 1864 and replaced by a much better school building, subsequently four other school buildings were erected, on the same site as the first house. Last year a handsome $20,000 brick building was erected and the contractor, John Lewis, was a former pupil in the school.
The citizenship of the Linden district has always been of a high standard, not only in politics but in temperance and morality. There was a reason, it was settled up by a high class of men and they would not tolerate any lawlessness in that community. There were never more than one or two saloons in Linden, and they were abolished as soon as it was lawfully possible. The first religious service in that section was held in the Moore schoolhouse in 1855 by the Rev. Thomas Barton, a minister of the Methodist Episcopal Church South. The church was regularly organized at that time with the Rev. Ira Taylor as pastor. Two years later they erected a $2,000 house of worship.
Machine revolver: a revolver that uses the energy of firing for cocking the hammer and revolving the cylinder, rather than using manual operations to perform these actions (more correctly, a semi-automatic revolver).
Linden, CA, The 2010 United States Censu reported that Linden had a population of 1,784. The population density was 239.1 people per square mile (92.3/km²). The racial makeup of Linden was 1,541 (86.4%) White, 6 (0.3%) African American, 10 (0.6%) Native American, 25 (1.4%) Asian, 1 (0.1%) Pacific Islander, 127 (7.1%) from other races, and 74 (4.1%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 385 persons (21.6%).
The census reported that 1,784 people (100% of the population) lived in households, 0 (0%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 631 households, out of which 275 (43.6%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 389 (61.6%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 76 (12.0%) had a female householder with no husband present, 36 (5.7%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 32 (5.1%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 4 (0.6%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 106 households (16.8%) were made up of individuals and 41 (6.5%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.83. There were 501 families (79.4% of all households); the average family size was 3.18.
The population was spread out with 516 people (28.9%) under the age of 18, 118 people (6.6%) aged 18 to 24, 468 people (26.2%) aged 25 to 44, 461 people (25.8%) aged 45 to 64, and 221 people (12.4%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36.9 years. For every 100 females there were 98.2 males. For every 100 women age 18 and over, there were 99.4 men.
There were 673 housing units at an average density of 90.2 per square mile (34.8/km²), of which 490 (77.7%) were owner-occupied, and 141 (22.3%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 2.0%; the rental vacancy rate was 6.0%. 1,339 people (75.1% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 445 people (24.9%) lived in rental housing units.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit has reversed a lower court ruling and ordered that court to issue a preliminary injunction against the City of Chicago on behalf of the Second Amendment Foundation that prevents the city from banning gun ranges inside city limits