American Gunsmithing Institute Brings Training Courses In Lynwood, CA Into Your Home
During its twenty year tenure, AGI realized that something was missing. While there were various gunsmiths and gun enthusiasts in Lynwood, CA and throughout the U.S., they were missing an outlet to come together, share ideas, stories and most importantly, have some fun together! So AGI created The Gun Club of America (GCA). It stands upon four pillars: education, fun, savings and fellowship.
AGI Teaches Basic and Advanced Firearms Maintenance, Customizing, and Gunsmithing Repair for hobbyist and Professional. Study at home and get Certified as a Gunsmith.
AGI American Gunsmithing Institute In Lynwood, CA Has Over Two Decades Of Experience
Two decades ago, American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) Founder and President Gene Kelly saw an increased demand for gunsmiths in the firearms industry in Lynwood, CA and realized that there was a growing need to train new gunsmiths on a faster and more efficient basis.
Kelly made it a goal to preserve the art of gunsmithing for future generations and to provide a way for gun enthusiasts in Lynwood, CA to pursue their hobbies from the comfort of their own homes through AGI’s course load.
With over 330 million firearms in this country, at any given time 10 to 20 percent of those are in some need of cleaning, repair or customizing. After WWII, a large crop of new gunsmiths appeared, but now they are retiring or passing away and demand for new, young blood in the gunsmith world in Lynwood, CA is growing.
Gunsmithing Programs Offered Across the Country
Prior to AGI’s founding, gunsmithing programs were only offered in Lynwood, CA at a couple of campus based schools and most people could not afford to attend them so the number of gunsmiths continued to decline.
This gave Kelly the idea to found AGI. Using Master Gunsmith Bob Dunlap’s teaching methodology, combined with the video techniques developed by AGI, Kelly was able to create a unique teaching method that allowed students to learn at home in Lynwood, CA at their own pace. And thus, AGI was born. Since its inception in 1993, AGI has gone on to use this same method to teach people welding, machining, locksmithing and other trade skills.
There are two more sections to this article, to see the next section click on the "Shoot for More" link below
Like what you read and do you have a Google + page, please support us with a review by Clicking Here
#Gunsmiths #AmericanGunsmithing #AmericanGunsmithingInstitute #Gunsmithing #NRAGunsmithingSchools #HowToBeAGunsmith
#AccreditedGunsmithingCollege #TopGunsmithingTrainingSchools #GunsmithingClassesOnline #GunsmithingSchools #GunsmithingBooks
#GunsmithingVideos #GunsmithingSchoolCost #GunsmithingSalary #GunsmithingNearMe #GunsmithingDefinition #GunsmithingSchoolsDirectory
#USPrecisionDefense #NRA #Guns #GunRepair
Lynwood, CA In 1810, Don Antonio Lugo, received a grant to a tract of land of some 29,514 acres. He named it Rancho San Antonio, probably after his birthplace, El Mission San Antonio de Padua, in 1775.
Rancho San Antonio lay just north of Juan Jose Dominguez Rancho San Pedro, the borderline approximately of today’s Rosecrans Avenue in Compton, and ran north parallel with and adjacent to, the pueblo de Los Angeles. The eastern boundary lay somewhere along the ever changing Los Angeles river or as it was called the San Gabriel river.
Lugo maintained a home in the pueblo de Los Angeles, near the plaza and across from the church. He was alcalde (mayor) of Los Angeles, from 1816 to 1819, and a leader in most of the social functions of the time. Antonio Lugo received a patent from the United States government on July 24, 1847, which made him undisputed owner of Rancho San Antonio, which was Lynwood’s birthplace.
After Lugo’s death in 1860, the rancho was divided among his children, five boys and three girls. Guadalupe Lugo inherited the area now known as Lynwood. She later deeded the land to a man named Heldman, who later deeded it, in 1871 to M.A. Shields, the wife of J.H. Shields. It is not known whether Mrs. Shields was any relation to the Lugo’s. Later, she deeded her interest to Slauson, a Los Angeles banker and a prominent figure in the early history of the Los Angeles area. Slauson Avenue, dividing the south Los Angeles industrial belt, was named for him.
In 1902, C.H. Sessions had acquired title of about 400 acres and established a dairy and creamery. His wife’s maiden was Miss Lynne Wood and they all agreed to call the place “the Lynwood Dairy and Creamery” and it was located at what is now Sanborn and Long Beach Blvd. Later the Southern Pacific Railway had a siding here, which they called the ‘ Lynwood siding’.
Henry Huntington organized another railroad company called the Pacific Electric Railroad in 1902. One of the lines, built in 1904 to 1905, ran from Los Angeles to Santa Ana, passing directly through the middle of Lynwood. In 1929 Pacific Electric installed a P.E. Depot on the corner of Long Beach Blvd. and Fernwood Avenue. That building still exists and plans are to make it into a historical monument. The PE Railway took up the Lynwood name from the dairy and creamery.
Later, seven gentlemen formed the Lynwood company and they brought excursions of potential buyers to Lynwood. They opened up 800 acres for ‘suburban’ home sites in 1913. The biggest attraction for lot buyers, who came on excursions and had lunch in a circus tent was free water. Residential lots, 100 x 800, were sold for $500 to $800 and the promoters promised to furnish buyers water free and to turn over to any city that might be formed, the entire debt-free water system.
H.V. Copeland was one of the seven members of Lynwood company and he built the first residence in Lynwood at Long Beach Blvd. and Imperial Hwy. The water pump the Copeland’s used was near Court and Platt.
At the time of the dairy, there was not even a country road where Long Beach Blvd. is now. Many years later, Long Beach Blvd. was paved and became a main street in Lynwood.
Obturate: Obturation is the process of a bullet expanding under pressure to fit the bore of the firearm, or a cartridge case expanding under pressure to seal the chamber
Lynwood, CA Lynwood is a city in Los Angeles County, California. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 69,772, down from 69,845 at the 2000 census. Lynwood is located near South Gate and Compton in the southern portion of the Los Angeles Basin. Incorporated in 1921, the city is named for Mrs. Lynn Wood Sessions, wife of a local dairyman, Charles Sessions. The local railroad siding and later Pacific Electric Railway station were named after the dairy.
Fire protection in Lynwood is provided by the Los Angeles County Fire Department. The LACFD operates Station #147 at 3161 East Imperial Highway and Station #148 at 4262 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, both in Lynwood, as a part of Battalion 13.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (LASD) operates the Century Station in Lynwood.
The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services operates the South Health Center in Watts, Los Angeles, serving Lynwood
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell